Screen Replacement

Nathan Rugroden tipbg4 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 26 20:45:08 PST 2004

Hello

For 4 months now, I have been living (if you can call it that) with a
powerbook with a cracked screen. However today my new replacement came from
the seller off ebay (got a steal of a deal, 200 dollars for a pristine one,
absolutely nothing wrong with it, I can pass the seller on to anyone who
wants it, he sells them for like 200 dollars with 9 dollars shipping, and I
think he currently is selling like 8 more of them) However, it is only the
lcd, which means be prepared to do things to your laptop that you would have
never dreamed, like pry up that band around the lcd that is so beautiful...
Anyway, if anyone wants to know exactly how to go about this, let me know, i
can post pictures, and tell what I did. I performed this operation on a
550mhz combo drive model. (it took me quite a while to find anything on how
to do this, and when I did it was for the revison A models, so some things
didnt line up....) Anyway, it does feel good to be pampering my eyes with
15.2 inches of apple beauty once again, and rejoin the community of
powerbook users (as opposed to the community of slim desktop users....) Best
wishes to you all, and may your powerbook's screens live long and healthy
lives....

Nate