[Ti] cloning a drive

David david.powerbook at firemail.de
Sat Jan 31 06:08:31 PST 2004

On 1/30/04 6:41 PM, "Eric" <EricDD at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> hi: i have a question abut my cloning my drive.
>
> i just bought a new 60 gig drive for my 667 dvi and a firewire case for
> the original drive.  i think i will just clone my drive to the new one
> as everything is running well and is stable.
>
> is this the proper procedure:   put the new drive in the firewire case
> - clone my drive to it - and then pop it out and install it in my
> powerbook.

That will do it. Note: be very careful with the external case's IDE cable.
Some manufacturers use a very cheap cable that peels away from the cable
ends. Connecting the drive to the cable is pretty much a no brainer but
removing it can be a bit tricky. Don't pull on the cable.

"When will the public cease to insult the teacher's calling with
empty flattery? When will men who would never for a moment encourage
their own sons to enter the work of the public schools cease to tell
us that education is the greatest and noblest of all human callings?"
-William C. Bagley