AirPort Base Station use in Italy

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Mon Jul 5 07:06:20 PDT 2004

As compared to the US, are there differences in typical ISP networking protocols in Italy?

I will be spending many months in Italy and was thinking that it might be wiser to purchase the AirPort Base Station there as it might be set to default to whatever form of protocols that they use there.

i.e. Some ISPs here use PPPoE, some use DHCP, and some use Static. But I think there is some Big Pond ISP that has some other different protocols when using DSL or cable.
--

Robert Ameeti

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
--

Robert Ameeti

A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are for.