Strange gremlins at work...

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sun Jul 25 15:54:59 PDT 2004

I have been hounded by a strange being that inhabits my Powerbook. This is
how it manifests itself:

When I leave a process running that would obviously take an hour or more,
when I return I invariably find that this gremlin has attempted to log me
out in my absence. I always find one or more alerts that the attempt to quit
the Finder (Photoshop, TechTool Pro, DiskWarrior or whatever) and log out
has been cancelled, etc, etc.

Nobody else has access to my machine, so I don't understand what is going on
here. As soon as the process is competed, since so many background processes
have been forced to quit by the actions of the above-mentioned gremlin, I
have to reboot.

Does anyone have any idea what may be going on here?

jg