[Ti] Strange gremlins at work...

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon Jul 26 06:54:22 PDT 2004

Glenn L. Austin typed this message on 7/25/04 11:24 PM:

>> I have been hounded by a strange being that inhabits my Powerbook. This is
>> how it manifests itself:
>>
>> When I leave a process running that would obviously take an hour or more,
>> when I return I invariably find that this gremlin has attempted to log me
>> out in my absence. I always find one or more alerts that the attempt to quit
>> the Finder (Photoshop, TechTool Pro, DiskWarrior or whatever) and log out
>> has been cancelled, etc, etc.
>>
>> Nobody else has access to my machine, so I don't understand what is going on
>> here. As soon as the process is competed, since so many background processes
>> have been forced to quit by the actions of the above-mentioned gremlin, I
>> have to reboot.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea what may be going on here?
>
> System Preferences -> Security.
>
> Log out after X minutes of inactivity.
>
> --
> Glenn L. Austin <><

Glen wins the Fix-Griffin's-Computer award. I had 60 minutes of inactivity
set for a logout.

Strange though, I never thought that rendering an image in Photoshop or
downloading a large file or optimizing a volume would be considered
"Inactivity." There are lots of processes going on.

jg