[Ti] Second display

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Tue Jun 1 10:50:30 PDT 2004

Anthony Yeo typed this message on 6/1/04 7:47 AM:

> I have been told by a(n un)reliable source at work that 10.3.4
> disables the option to turn off the LCD display when a Ti is
> connected to an external display.
>
> Is it possible to actually turn off the internal display for the
> powerbook while connected to an external display ie another monitor
> or a data projector.  You would need to be in mirroring mode I
> gather. What else do you need to do.

I am looking at my 15" AlPb right now which is running 10.3.4. It is hooked
up to my 17" Studio Display and Matias Keyboard and Kensington TurboMouse
Pro. The Powerbook display is definitely OFF. The only way I can get it on
is to raise the lid invoke the Displays Panel and click on the "Detect
Displays" button.

jg