Excel Crash

b fl1pper at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 9 01:50:19 PDT 2004

Sambouka paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>Something really odd is happening with my M$ Excel V. X. I tried
>creating a shortcut of excel on my desktop. when i dragged it, and
>tried to launch it, it crashed and gave me an error. I tried
>dragging it back in, but it is still crashing. I deleted the
>com.microsoft.excel.plist  and fixed permission but still, i am
>facing the same problem. This is not the case with all the other
>application in M$ Office v. X.
>

>If anyone can help me out on how to fix it I would appreciate it.
>
>Thanks :)

What was the error? And did you check Console (File-->Open log...,
<default browser at CrashReporter>, Crash reporter:select Excel)?

And does Excel also crash on launch from Recent Items, in the Apple
menu, as well as from its own Icon in the Office folder?

~flipper