[Ti] AOL AIM and iChat

Ted Johansson ted.johansson at pobox.com
Sat Jun 12 06:01:29 PDT 2004

It works for me using AIM screenname, Mac/iChat on my side and XP/AIM
on my friends side. It seems that it more often fails to open up the
connection when sending the request from the XP than from the mac.

There are some "gotchas":
- AIM patch is needed for the PC to connect with video.
http://aimtoday.aol.com/features/main_redesign.adp?fid=video_im and
then the FAQ, "Why Am I Having Problems Getting Video IM to Work on My
Computer?" and under point 2, there is a "Click here" to download the
patch.
- Sound only ("Talk") does not connect between PC and Mac.
- Firewalls: open up the correct ports may be part of trouble
connecting.

/Ted