[Ti] (OT) virus reports sent back to me by PC users: example

F. Mortes fmortes at saltidiomes.com
Wed Jun 16 10:54:32 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, Jun 16, 2004, at 17:06 Europe/Madrid, Nick Benjamin wrote:

> Do the messages name any specific virus?
>
> Nick

Hi, Nick!

Mostly Netsky and other viruses which have recently been affecting
Windoze machine the last few months ... I forget their names ... below
is a typical example:

From: citaprevia at educ.mec.es
Date: Wed Jun 16, 2004  11:05:31 Europe/Madrid
To: matadepera at esquerra.org
Subject: Re: Re: here

Please read the attached file!

++++ Norton AntiVirus - www.symantec.de

WARNING: Panda Antivirus GateDefender has detected a virus in file
attached to this e-mail message!

The attachment has been automatically removed to
protect your network.

Panda Antivirus GateDefender Administrator: unknown

06/16/04 11:01:40 Panda Antivirus GateDefender (Version 5.1 R1c
(5.0.60.2)) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/
Antivirus Vendor: Panda Software
Scan Engine Version: 4.1.4.307
Pattern File Version: 3.79120 (Timestamp: 15/06/2004 100155)

Machine name: PandaAppliance
Machine IP address: 195.219.100.11
Server: 195.219.100.8
Client: 212.78.132.188
Protocol: SMTP

Virus: "W32/Netsky.P.worm" found!

Oh, and BTW, a big "thank you" to all of those who've taken the time to
reply to my message!

Gratefully,

Francesc in Catalonia