[Ti] battery in AlBook17

RP McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Thu Jun 24 11:14:55 PDT 2004

On 24/6/04 6:53 pm, "Glenn L. Austin" <glenn at austin-home.com> wrote (in
part):

> It would if the battery were a NiCad, but LiIon batteries are "immune" to
> the dreaded "battery memory" syndrome.

I'm no expert but I have read that Li-ion batteries, while not having
'memory' issues do still only have a limited number of charge cycles (IIRC
1000 when new max) and wonder if using this last 5-7 percent of the charge
is counted as a cycle...I have read articles where they suggest that
certainly anything more than 20 percent counts but there was nothing
mentioned about when it is only a few percent...

I guess I would be more concerned about the temperature effects together
with the high 'charge' of the battery left in a 'Book and on mains because
of the oxidation issues that rob the capacity...

Cheers,

Richard