[Ti] more about that disappearing disk space

P. H. Adams phadams at mac.com
Sat Mar 6 04:06:50 PST 2004

On Mar 6, 2004, at 2:34 PM, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> It is almost certainly due to the use of Omnigraffle 2.2 (bundled with
> my Al-book), which I am using more and more to create diagrams and
> charts.  It is very good software, BUT somehow, it causes my disk
> space to disappear in large chunks.

<snip>

> I am not blaming Omni, just making the observation.

Trevor, have you notified Omni of your suspicions? Their customer
support is well-regarded, and they will likely respond to your
concerns.

> There may be other software that also has this effect, but for now, I
> know that Omnigraffle is definitely one of the culprits of my
> disappearing disk space.

Ironically, Omni makes another application OmniDiskSweeper, which may
just assist you in further diagnosing your disappearing disk space
issue. Description from their website:

"OmniDiskSweeper is a Mac OS X utility for quickly finding and deleting
big, useless files and thus making space on your hard disks.
OmniDiskSweeper makes this easy by highlighting the biggest files on
your disks, and by noting which files are used by the system, so you
don't accidentally delete important files."
<http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnidisksweeper/>
--
P. H. "Patch" Adams
phadams at mac.com