[Ti] Vacationing TiBook

David david.powerbook at firemail.de
Mon Mar 22 10:28:22 PST 2004

On 3/22/04 10:35 AM, "Tim Leverenz" <intimidator at mac.com> wrote:

> I am going on my first vacation in over 4 years and was going to take
> my 1Ghz TiBook along for the ride. I would like to watch movies on the
> flight and then just general iPhoto/iMovie things once in Florida.
>
> I am looking for suggestions to get thru security with no damage to my
> Ti (I hear they are not too friendly to electronics), suggestions for
> maximum battery life while watching movies, and any general suggestions
> for my Ti. It is over a year old and still looks brand new and I would
> love to keep it that way.

Now that there are X-ray machines I don't get asked to turn on the machine
but still sometimes I do. So I always make sure the machine is just asleep
and not turned off.

Note: I almost always get asked to turn on my Palm. Also, I have a metal
case for the Palm and my last flight out of Providence the security dolt
tried to confiscate it. I guess he figured I was going to hide in the jet's
bathroom, sharpen an edge with toilet paper, and use it to hijack the plane
to Boise. Thankfully I was able to get his supervisor's attention and get
that rescinded.

I've found that the security people are paying attention and do a good job
of matching people to their belongings.

BTW - I now just routinely remove my belt and shoes, putting them in one of
the baskets along with everything else.