Installing memory, a caveat

jamkam tunanut at mac.com
Tue Mar 30 07:43:51 PST 2004

On Tuesday, March 30, 2004, at 08:38 AM, PowerBook G4 Titanium List
wrote:

> I have a Ti867 and installed memory chip myself but got scared of
> taking off bottom to install airport card so i went  to apple store and
> had them do the card. Memory just goes under keyboard, Super easy to
> do

a word of advise from a long-time mac user who's installed lots of
things, but one who's been down the road of purgatory by screwing up
with my ti book.

when you install that chip in the top slot of the Ti, be very gentle on
those little plastic clips (original Ti400 books ESPECIALLY).  First
time around i was not so gingerly and snapped one of the little
buggers.  there is NO repair for that short of a new motherboard, read
$900.00 and even if you have apple care, they consider it negligence
and won't repair it under warranty.  if you're the least bit skittish,
have the apple store or local apple auth. svc. do it.

oh, yeah, don't forget to remove the battery before installing it too!
  here's the  link to the apple site with  quicktime movies for
installing memory in all books:

http://www.info.apple.com/usen/cip/index.html

[t]