[Ti] Kernal Panic leaving mail app open

T Molnar tam at em.ca
Wed Mar 31 16:02:24 PST 2004

Just to wrap this up.

My machine finally totally froze at the apple grey screen or repeatedly
gave me the multilanguage screen of death.

So I phoned the Apple people.  The rep in Austin..didn't like me
calling it the Multilanguage screen of Death :-)

Before I phone though I ran Tech Tool.  What crap it is!!!!!!!!!!
It ran for 18 hours never did finish repairing the volumes.

So..the Apple rep.
I phone and this is what we go through.
boot from restore disk.  Won't do it.
Power down everything. all plug in's usb etc unplugged.

lift key board hard reset the pram
with some weird key combination reset the firmware.
now reboot with restore disks
It works YEAH!!!!

run the disk utility twice
fixes most stuff but not all
Second run
It fixes things

Finally boot back into my regular volumes
Yeah life is back to normal.

If you were following this thread thought you might want to know.

tim

tim.molnar
Digital Tao
http://www.digitaltao.ca