[Ti] moving from Titanium to Albook

gwallace gwallace at gwi.net
Sun May 2 03:16:34 PDT 2004

On May 1, 2004, at 11:13 AM, B Forbes wrote:

> I guess it's the preserving of settings statement that throws me ...
> is it the settings of like my email, bookmarks, etc. or is the machine
> settings found in the Apple system profiler?

I think the only user settings you will need are in your user account.
If you create a user account on the new computer with the same name as
your TiBook user account (or accounts if you had more than one user),
you can start the AlBook up in target mode and just drag each user
folder from your TiBook to replace the ones you created on your AlBook.
  You might also need to drag applications from the TiBook backup to the
AlBook, but AFAIK all your user settings are in the account you log in
to.

When my school laptop was returned to Apple for repairs, it came back
without any of my files, but all I had to do was drag the "Teacher"
account from my backup onto the newly formatted hard drive, and
everything (mail settings, etc.) worked exactly as before.