fixing the famous" Kernel Panic"

Yvetta Williams yvettawill at cox.net
Fri May 14 21:25:03 PDT 2004

I had the same problem after repair.   I asked the repair person and
this is the answer I received:

Try resetting the PRAM. This is done by holding down four keys at once
after
you hear the boot tones: P-R-Apple-Option.

If that doesn't solve the problem, boot up with the OSX startup disk
and run
Disk Utility. It can be found under the File menu. Once you have that
open,
click Repair Disk and then Repair Permissions.

2004-05-13 kl. 04.56 skrev Wilhelm Wanders:

> Tthis screen that is dark with writing that tells you, you have to=20
> shut down (in different languages) ... what is that all about anyways
--------
You're hit by the famous Kernel Panic, but what caused it in your
case=20=

I don't know. :-)