[Ti] Off_Topic: Are there OSX viruses?

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Thu May 20 01:22:58 PDT 2004

On 19 May 2004, at 20:47, khyber courchesne wrote:

> Hello, I just wanted to ask if there are indeed OSX viruses.

At this point in time I am yet to see one, even a proof of concept.

There are a few proof of concept trojans around.

As someone else mentioned the OS has had some vulnerabilities, so make
sure you patch your system to fix these if necessary,

Therefore as far as i can see, you don't need any signature based Virus
detection on your Powerbook (I don't use any).

--
Tarik