[Ti] Overheating

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Thu Nov 11 10:51:06 PST 2004

On Nov 11, 2004, at 7:46 AM, Frank Weir wrote:

> Apparently this is a common problem but I'm not certain. After running
> for a while, especially if working in Photoshop, the screen of my
> titanium begins to flicker violently and often dissolves into ugly
> flourescent colors. Once I really needed to work on it, so I literally
> set it on ice bags with a fan blowing and that allowed me to continue
> to work. I understand from another list that there are some fixes for
> this. Can someone tell me what they are?

It's not a common problem.  I've perhaps seen a dozen that exhibit
those symptoms.

The fix is to take it to an AASP or send it in to Apple to have the PMU
(Power Management Unit) replaced.  You can try a PMU reset, but I doubt
it will do anything.  Refer to this documentation for your specific
model for PMU reset instructions:

Chris