[Ti] Re: [OT] humor from slashdot

Daniel T Kegan daniel at keganlaw.com
Wed Oct 20 22:06:00 PDT 2004

Generally, it CAN be lawful to write an emulation of software to
functional specifications, but it may be very time consuming. Moreover,
such emulation is likely to be less efficient--slower and more lines of
code--than the original and more difficult to maintain and upgrade in
parallel with the original. The emulators ought to preserve evidence of
the independent "clean-room" coding environment and functional design
specs. (Assuming copyright is the major proprietary claim, not patent,
and USA laws.) YMMV.

Daniel Kegan * daniel at keganlaw.com * Kegan & Kegan, Ltd.
We identify, develop, and protect intangible business assets
and counsel other professionals on legal issues.
Balanced Counsel for Smart Clients * <http://www.keganlaw.com>