[Titanium] Insurance Cover for Powerbooks

Bryan Forbes bforbes at forbesonline.org
Tue Sep 14 19:09:18 PDT 2004

My experience is that they depreciate out the unit.  The home insurance
I had my Tibook under dealt with a specific company that did
replacements.  They couldn't find a Tibook at that moment in time like
I had so they gave me $ towards the purchase of an Albook.  Couldn't be
happier with it ...

Make sure you don't underinsure it ... mine wasn't stolen, but I had a
bad case with a velcro latch.  I was holding the laptop at an angle and
it slipped out of the case and crashed to the floor.  A specific rider
on my insurance covered my Tibook only to fair market value.  How they
determine that, I'm not quite sure.

Bryan F.