[Ti] Ti 15" screen dropped & bent

Brooke Willis brookewillis at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 3 21:28:01 PDT 2005

My friend gave me his Ti 400mhz 15² cuz he dropped it a few times and now
the case is split open in a few places (and duct-taped). It actually works
just fine, but it¹s a little awkward to open and close (not securely
attached to the left hinge) and there are now vertical lines in two places
on the screen. But I¹m still very happy to have gotten it as a gift! (He
convinced his parents to buy him a new one!)

Anyway, the Apple store here in Cleveland said it would be $1100‹1300 to fix
the screen; do you know of some 3rd-party businesses that do this
significantly cheaper, and would you trust them to do it? Or should I just
deal with it and be thankful, until I can save up for a new Powerbook?

Thanks for your feedback.

Peace,
Brooke
--
Brooke Willis <brookewillis at earthlink.net>
216-861-4946 h, 216-272-4118 c, bswillis65 aim

Ingenuity Cleveland - volunteer coordinator, etc.
brooke at ingenuitycleveland.org
http://www.ingenuitycleveland.com