[Ti] Re: Intel shows off 64-bit dual core processors for mobile, desktop, and servers

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sat Aug 27 08:38:08 PDT 2005

On Aug 27, 2005, at 1:08 AM, Timothy Luoma wrote:

> Yup, Apple could never do business with Freescale.  They'd never
> agree to work with the likes of Apple.
>
> Oh wait...
>
> "Apple Computer said on Friday said it has entered into a purchase
> agreement with Freescale Semiconductor that will secure it a source
> of PowerPC G4 microprocessors through the end of 2008."

I suspect this "report" comes from a SEC filing showing that Apple
needs to cover their buns on warranty service of current production
G4 hardware that's covered under AppleCare thru the end of 2008, and
that Freescale will supply the chips on demand with no concrete
delivery time specified. Nor is Apple committed to even buying the
chips.  End of story.
--
Chris