[Ti] PowerBooks with Intel processors - not!

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Tue Dec 6 10:25:23 PST 2005

On Dec 6, 2005, at 9:28 AM, Ross Winn wrote:

> I would also say that anyone who thinks that OS X is going to have
> more overhead than Windows XP on a comparable processor is probably
> smoking crack.

I'm not sure about that.  Windows XP will install and run with some
loss of features on an AMD K62-233 with 64 MB RAM, and requires 1.5
GB hard disk space.  OS X Tiger will run on a G3/267 but requires
minimum 256 MB RAM, and requires 3.0 GB of hard disk space.

Minimum System Requirements for both operating environments:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/upgrading/sysreqs.mspx

http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/requirements.html

The memory footprint and cpu load to run Apple's Aqua interface is
considerably higher than Windows XP Luna.
--
Chris