[Ti] Re: PowerBooks with Intel processors - not on topic!

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 6 19:19:47 PST 2005

I disagree.  Some of us (myself included) are on digest mode.  That
means that we get one message every day from the list (or more, if
there is high traffic, as this Intel business always seems to
generate) with all the posts mashed together.  Adding something to
the subject line is worthless.  How about we just keep on-topic?
Specifically:

"Titanium G4 is a place to discuss the issues that relate to buying,
using, maintaining, and troubleshooting Apple's Titanium G4 PowerBook."

Users on the list have, as far as I'm aware, never objected to
discussion including the Aluminum models, which are largely the same
as the Ti.  However, seeing as how there is a lot of disagreement
about whether Intel discussion should be allowed, I think the only
reasonable solution is to use the strict definition from the website,
and consider it off-topic, and never appropriate for this list.

People who think otherwise should go find another list (or set up
their own) where the discussion is appropriate.  I'm sick of all the
silly fighting.  It's worse than the two year olds I babysat last
weekend!

That's all I have to say on the topic.  Well thought-out replies are
welcome; people who disagree are asked to forward their thoughts to /
dev/null/.  :-p