[Ti] Sony DWQ58A11T

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Wed Dec 7 08:06:52 PST 2005

I was meaning to get an external Dual Layer DVD-burner, but as prices
seem to have dropped to no more than twice the price of externals I might
as well try and get an internal replacement.

Anyone know whether the internal Dual Layer DVD-burner Sony DWQ58A11T
could be fitted in place of a Matshita CD-RW CW-8121 from a TiBook 550?
It's inside my 400 now complete with the proper cable from the 550.
I only have a small picture of the Sony inside a catalog, so it's hard to
tell what standards its connectors have and so forth. Shouldn't the cable
from the Matshita also work with a DVD-burner or do we have completely
different connector standards for DVD-burners?