[Ti] more speculation

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Tue Dec 13 12:00:20 PST 2005

On Dec 13, 2005, at 9:02 AM, kalirhe at umdnj.edu wrote:

> And...now that Chris' company is moving to Windows because EVEN
> Adobe is writing for the "inferior Windows OS"

I didn't say our company is moving to Windows.  I said our technical
writers will be moving to Windows from Mac OS 9.

As far as Windows being "inferior", it's not.  Mac OS X is the one
with serious performance problems.  Perhaps start here:

http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-announce/2005-
September/000099.html

<quote>
"While the G5 is not the best integer processing unit out there, it
is not the one to blame for the poor performance that we experienced
in our first tests.  Running Yellow Dog Linux, the Dual G5 was
capable of performing similar to a 3 GHz Xeon ... YDL simply wipes
the floor with Mac OS X"
</quote>

--
Chris