[Ti] help with 10.4

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Dec 14 07:13:43 PST 2005

I have done this procedure a number of times, but I use SuperDuper to
clone my internal disk to my Firewire backup drive. I then boot from
the FW drive and security erase my internal drive (which finds and
disables any bad sectors). Then I copy everything back over to the
internal drive (again, using SuperDuper). I have never had a problem
with this technique.

I used to have all kinds of problems with CCC and stopped using it
quite awhile back.

An alternative is to use the “Restore” function in Disk Utility to
move all your files to another drive and make it a bootable copy. I
did this once and it worked just fine. But SuperDuper is much, much
faster and has lots of other neat features (like making a “Sandbox”
to preserve the integrity of your system).

jg