[Ti] more speculation

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Dec 14 10:16:48 PST 2005

I hope you aren’t suggesting a FW <-> USB 2.0 adaptor. Such a device
would by definition be a snail-paced piece of equipment.  I realize
there are Camcorders now made that link via Bluetooth and others via
USB 2.0. But the big professional and pro-sumer Camcorders still rely
on FireWire to link to the computer and probably will continue to do
so for some time to come. Apple would have to have its corporate
brains located somewhere up its nether regions to do something as
stupid as to discontinue FireWire altogether.

jg