[Ti] Virtual PC question

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Tue Dec 20 10:58:45 PST 2005

On Dec 20, 2005, at 12:45 PM, Justin R. Miller wrote:

> You're right they're cheap... so cheap they're free.  I'd like to
> see what desktop environment you've released at no cost with your
> worldwide team of volunteer software engineers.

Hey, just because they're free, "Free" (with a capital 'F') and got
GPL slapped on them don't mean they're good.  Not to downplay the
efforts of the KDE and Gnome teams, but they're both bloated beyond
recognition.  KDE is an example of what happens when you throw a
bunch of nuts and bolts into an empty can and call it a machine.

Gnome is an example of what happens when you got a bunch of software
political activists who create another desktop environment because
the first one (KDE) didn't match their definition of "political
correctness" in its licensing with QT.  Since it's designed by
politicians it runs with the same efficiency as government.
--
Chris