[Ti] Some one Hacked me!

Greg Chapel gchapel at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 12 13:20:19 PST 2005

While I agree that it is highly unlikely that Ray was hacked and that
probably his photos were inadvertantly sent to someone else by mistake.

To rule out a virus or a trojan horse because he is running OS X is just
foolish. Any OS, on any machine can be cracked! I have worked as a system
administrator on many UNIX systems. It is possible to hack any machine,
given time, money and/or motivation. Windows hacks are much more common
because more people use windows and windows is not a very secure OS due to
legacy issues.

OS X is not immune to viruses or trojans by any means, it is just less
likely. I have seen professional system security experts hack into OS X
systems via the internet in less than 20 minutes on TV, windows XP in about
20 seconds.

Greg