[Ti] Need cool air vs. heat Advice

William Scammell williamscammell at idesignofboston.com
Mon Jun 13 08:21:53 PDT 2005

On Jun 13, 2005, at 8:36 AM, ~flipper wrote:

> William Scammell wrote:
>
>> Well, I don't know what kind of stores are in your area, but I
>> just happened to price small, window ACs at a BJs Wholesale
>> starting at around US $70. (I want to add another unit to my apt.
>> to keep the Ti500 and Al1.5 cool as these PPC chips could be
>> valuable some day. ;p  )
>
> Thanks, I'll have to look at smaller shops. i'm in Syracuse, new
> york, and it has a new billboarding campaign to "Buy Local', but of
> course, it also no compunctions about letting Wal-Mart in. (In
> effect, putting a lot of local businesses out of business, and
> adding a ton of employees to the underpaid-no-health care
> rollercoaster).

heh heh... i have a bunch of friends in the utica, oneida, syracuse
area. there was quite the hullabaloo when WallyMart tried to build
not 1, not 2 ... but 3 WallyMarts in utica about 8-10 years ago. and
i'm sure you know how small utica is. yeah, the local small biz
assoc. went ballistic.

> BJs wholesale sounds national. I'll look around. The deals I saw
> were all from 200 to 400 bucks. (mainly big variations in BTUs, but
> I'm in a very small room here, so i don't imagine I need more than
> 9k BTUs, or so).
> Thanks..

i just checked their site ... http://www.bjs.com/locations/clubs/
045.shtml ... right in E. Syracuse.

i think the unit i was looking at was rated at 5k BTUs.

HTH

William Scammell
Creative Director

william scammell @