[Ti] Naming the G5 Powerbook (was: A real world comparison)

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Mon Jun 13 09:29:43 PDT 2005

On Jun 13, 2005, at 11:54 AM, Pete Zimowski wrote:

>>> Which brings up a new question.  They can't be called PowerBooks
>>> anymore, can they?  Will it now become a PentiBook?
>>>

> Actually, if we had to wait around for PowerBook G5, we would call
> them:
>
> PentUpBooks

I always thought they would be called "WhiffleBooks".  And they've be
lighter, too since the case would only be half the metal of a
standard laptop case.  Imagine your Aluminum powerbook covered in the
speaker grills instead of smooth metal.  You'd be able to spot
Whifflebook users a mile away by the small red dots on their forearms!

Oh well. So much for that idea.

Peter

"I felt something, a disturbance in the network, as if a million Mac
zealots cried out in horror and were suddenly silenced."

-- One Slashdot reader comments on Apple's switch to Intel.

Peter Krug
pkrug at mac.com