[Ti] OT: HELP! Itunes deletes album name as it plays song

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Sun Mar 13 15:24:58 PST 2005

Well, I've never used iEatBrainz, but I can tell you what's happening.
It seems that your MP3 files have had the album name removed from the
ID3 tags.  When iTunes starts playing a song, it re-reads the ID3 tags
to see if they've changed from the cached information stored in the
iTunes library.  Presumably, iEatBrainz (or perhaps some other
application) has removed the ID3 tags from these files.

The only way I can think of to re-add them would be to select one album
at a time, and change the album name just slightly (to get iTunes to
save the change), and then change it to whatever you want it to be.  If
what you want the name to be isn't exactly what comes up in the dialog
box initially, then you don't need the intermediate change - it's just
that if you try to save the name without changing it, iTunes is usually
"smart" enough to not actually write the name since it assumes nothing
changed.  I'm not sure whether this will be a problem for you, so I'm
just including it as a step.  You can play around and see if it's
necessary.

HTH