[Ti] Alert FOR TIGER OWNERS

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Mon May 9 17:32:11 PDT 2005

On May 9, 2005, at 7:05 PM, Norman Cohen wrote:

> This solves the automatic problem; however, a potentially hazardous
> program can still be installed manually quite easily by the naive (or
> not so naive user).

I've been looking at ways to make a widget program execute a shell
script and haven't come up with a way to do it yet.  At this point I
think the potential for anything devastating is quite small.  It's more
an annoyance than anything, AFAICT.

Also, /. isn't the source for authoritative information.  Internet
gossip by a bunch of people who have nothing better to do more aptly
describes /.   Close to 90% of the time the poster manages to warp the
headline into something more dramatic and exciting than it really is.
--
Chris