[Ti] iTunes won't see my music

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Sat May 28 10:23:52 PDT 2005

ML B wrote:

>My hard drive containing all my music died and I'm trying to use
>another (backup) HD with the same music on it.  I told iTunes that
>the backup is now the location of my music but I can't get my old
>playlists to recognize the new location of the songs without showing
>it for each song.   HELP this will take a month to do one at a time
>
>Thanks
>Mark

If the 'backup' drive was backed up after you did any altering of the
meta data of the songs, (such as changing titles, case, id3 tags,
comments, whatever), then you're in real good shape. The meta data is
in the individual files, not in your library, not specific to
locations. So, simply select your entire itunes main library, and
delete, then go to "Add to library', up in the itunes file menu, and
add the whole works in one fell swoop.

i.e., if your various artists, albums, etc are in one main folder
(containg folders, containing more folders, etc), then selecting the
root folder/directory will add everything to a new library,
maintaining all of your tags, alterations, etc.

Going one-by-one is for the birds (uh, birds, bot Byrds).

brian s
~flipper