[Ti] new AlBook17

silvo conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Thu Nov 3 02:44:41 PST 2005

Thanks,

On 2 Nov 2005, at 19:06, Kynan Shook wrote:

> The point of this is to show that the computer is still on.
> Perhaps the best use for it is if your computer is not booting, you
> can tell whether it's getting power when you first press the power
> button, before the screen turns on.  It also might catch people's
> attention if they're about to, say, change RAM, unplug the AC or
> battery, or other things that might cause problems.
>
> The difference between it as a power indicator and as a sleep
> indicator is that it will be on steady to show power, and it will
> pulsate to show sleep.

That is actually pretty smart. Is this a feature of the last AlBook
or is built in Tiger?

> You might want to check Energy Saver settings; I only use my 17" on
> reduced processor speed when I'm on battery, and it gets quite slow
> when doing this.  The RAM can certainly make a big difference, as
> can the speed of the hard drive.

How to set it up for reduced processor speed? In the previous
computer/system it was under the energy preference pane, but now it
does not appear (unless it is the Better performance/Better battery
life dialog on top)

Silvo

Silvo Conticello
Albook 17" 1.67GHz/1.5Gb RAM/120Gb HD/OS10.4.2
iMac 1GHz/500Mb Ram/80Gb HD/OS10.4.2/17" display
Cambridge UK