[Ti] new AlBook17

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Thu Nov 3 09:54:38 PST 2005

silvo conticello <silvoc at tiscali.it> writes:
> On 2 Nov 2005, at 19:06, Kynan Shook wrote:
>
>> The point of this is to show that the computer is still on.
> That is actually pretty smart. Is this a feature of the last AlBook
> or is built in Tiger?

That's a hardware feature, only the latest PowerBooks do this.

>> You might want to check Energy Saver settings; I only use my 17" on
>> reduced processor speed when I'm on battery, and it gets quite slow
>> when doing this.  The RAM can certainly make a big difference, as
>> can the speed of the hard drive.
>
> How to set it up for reduced processor speed? In the previous
> computer/system it was under the energy preference pane, but now it
> does not appear (unless it is the Better performance/Better battery
> life dialog on top)

It's still in the Energy preference pane; you need to press the "Show
Details" button, and then choose the "Options" tab.  The speed
options should be there at the bottom - Highest, Automatic, or
Reduced.  The Better Performance/Normal/Energy Saving menu will
adjust it too, but I prefer to set everything in there manually.