[Ti] PB battery won't recharge

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Thu Nov 10 00:18:50 PST 2005

9 nov 2005 kl. 01.55 skrev Alcovia at aol.com:
> My PB battery won't recharge, I was not able to copy the info fast
> enough before it went dead.
-----------
Dont really understand that sentence. Do you mean that the PB closed
down without warning you about low battery? If you in that case had
connected the PB to power you should have it up and working after a
minute or two of charging and with the document you were working on
available. When it happens just set it in power and hit any key  and
it comes back from sleep. Possibly wait a minute or two for it to get
enough energy.

> Replaced optical drive and bought a PCMCIA FW card to replace dead
> FW port
----------
If the Tibook now is over all healthy you should with a new battery
be fine for a long time. (See my suggestion for a more powerful
battery in other message. You could search for other source for that
battery and perhaps find better price)

> Booting is a hit or miss event. Most the time it would start up,
> with the apple symbol then spinning ball.
---------
This worries me! That doesn't sound like a healthy PB, but I don't
know what you have done about it after you bought it second hand.
1 Formated the HD
2 Installed system and program
3 Repaired regurlarly with Disk Utility or third party programs like
Onyx or Coctail
4 Checked that you don't have a poor memory unit in the top memory
slot that can cause erratic behaviour.

Anybody else how would suggest any thing else Sophia should do to be
able to now better the condition of her Tibook?

Did you get all the install CD:s including Apple Hardware test you
could use that to check as well.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 050215
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)