[Ti] OpenOffice on Mac

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Fri Nov 18 11:09:07 PST 2005

On Nov 18, 2005, at 12:37 PM, Dr Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> So why wouldn't Apple give him or loan him one?  It seems a no-
> brainer to me.

Because then everybody else would say "well, Ed got one for free -- I
want one too".

Ed has gone out of his way to make OpenOffice run natively on the
Mac, and put in many hours beyond his full time job at BIOPAC
Systems, Inc.  OpenOffice is the only real viable alternative full
office suite to Microsoft Office.  I also suspect that Apple would
hesitate to assist in development or get involved in this project
because it is a (free) direct competitor to a major Mac OS X
application built by one of their business associates (Microsoft)

--
Chris

PGP Key:  http://astcomm.net/~chris/PGP_Public_Key/