[Ti] Tibook display splitting in the corner ...

Bryan Forbes bforbes at forbesonline.org
Mon Oct 3 21:25:35 PDT 2005

Hi:

I passed on my titanium powerbook to my wife when I bought an
aluminum powerbook.  The tibook has served faithfully, but recently
we've had a developing problem with the lower left corner of the
display splitting apart.  There is a screw in that part of the
display, but it doesn't appear to be serving it's purpose anymore.

We've tried a variety of adhesives to keep the two sections (front
and back of the metal frame holding the display) together (having the
most success with some two-part epoxies), but even that solution is
starting to fail.

Has anyone had any luck with any type of welding?  Any other
suggestions are welcome?

I hate to put a huge amount of money into a new display, possibly a
used display if I can find an acceptable source.  If it is too much,
I think a jump to a newer laptop would be a better use of money ...

TIA

Bryan F.