[Ti] Intel cuts PC boot time

John simplymail at ururk.com
Sun Oct 23 17:38:02 PDT 2005

>> I assumed that this was one of the features of the Windows system.
>>
> I don't think it's a part of Windows. It's an extra as far as I know.
> In VPC it's a feature of VPC.

Nope, not a part of Windows. XP, etc... does not have anything close
to sleep. Windows machines have "Standby" and "Hibernate" -> neither
of which load fast (in fact, it may be faster to shut a Windows
laptop down than do either of these actions!). I hope Sleep remains
as is on the IntelBooks. I don't think "Sleep" is limited to the
PowerPC architecture.