[Ti] Saving web pics

Brooke Willis brookewillis at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 8 17:53:17 PDT 2005

Not exactly a Ti question, but my recent acquisition of a Ti PB with OSX is
the cause:

Back with System 9.2.2, I could save a picture found on a website VERY
easily (by clicking and holding for a second, as I recall), and in that
dialog box, give it a name and save it to a certain folder. Now that I¹m on
OSX (10.3.9), nothing happens when I do that old method, which really annoys
me. It seems that the only way to instantly save a picture is to Ctrl-click,
and choose Save Image to the Desktop, which is NOT convenient at all,
because then I have to hide the windows, click on the file*, change the file
name and then drag it to the right folder. Am I missing some obvious OSX
method here???

*Also, when I save a picture this way, sometimes it saves to the desktop as
Spaceball.gif, and Preview opens it as a BLANK window; why is this?

Thanks for your help,
Brooke Willis <brookewillis at earthlink.net>