[Ti] Re: definitely OT: iPod nano

Matt Gregory vdub.grego at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 08:34:31 PDT 2005

It's been a while since I looked at the USB vs. Firewire tests, but if I
remember correctly Firewire wouldn't really be all that much faster for
filling a 2 or 4GB Nano. It seems like it was around 8-10GB where the
Firewire really started being noticeably faster than USB. Assuming this is
true I would think this may have been part of the decision to leave it out.
Perhaps the cost outweighed the benefit. And don't forget that the for it
circuitry takes up some room and real estate is probably at a premium in
there. So I guess I was in a way disappointed that there is no Firewire
support with the Nano, but I got over it quickly. Now, if it ever goes away
in the Real McCoy iPod that'll be a different story.