[Ti] How hard is it...

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Sat Sep 24 17:58:07 PDT 2005

> On Sep 24, 2005, at 7:33 PM, Mr.Shannon Strachan wrote:
>
> to upgrade the hard drive and CDR/W in a TiBook?
>
> I have a 40Gig and am seeing some decent prices on 80Gig. I can't
> get a new laptop but I can upgrade the HD and swap to a Superdrive.
>
> Even with a broken hinge (that I JB Welded a new one) this is still
> better than my boss' Sony Vaio (sp?).

I have upgraded several Ti books in regards to hard drives,  combo and
Superdrives without any issues.  Got to:

http://www.pbparts.com

and look up your particular model and download the illustrated instructions.
If you are so inclined, and it is fairly easy actually, you should not have
any problems.

Recently I upgraded a friend's Ti 550 by replacing his hard drives and then
installing my original superdrive from my Ti 1 GHz to replace his combo
drive. Worked great.  I had upgraded my superdrive to the more recent 845
model with 8 times DVD burning and Dual Layer in my Ti 1 GHz.

Good luck.

Cheers
Fred