[Ti] Re: PowerBook competition

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Sun Sep 25 02:45:09 PDT 2005

> I remember reading somewhere [and I can not quote precise
> references or statistics so I can only speak generally] that only a
> few years ago  [5?] about half of Apple's sales were outside USA.
> That figure is now 40% and dropping. My observation [and there are
> examples of Apple's lack of understanding the rest of the world
> exists] is that Apple just does not care about the market outside
> USA. Yes, there are is an Apple presence in Australia but it is
> minimal.

don't quote me on this, but i've read quite a few times that apple
has (or "had" at least) its biggest market share here in switzerland.
like everywhere else its fallen but i've heard numbers like 10 or 15%
(today).
to back this up, i've been hearing rumors that apple will open it's
first european continental store here in zürich (on paradeplatz
apparently).

who knows…
alexandre