[Ti] Will Apple drop its OS?

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sat Apr 8 06:06:38 PDT 2006

On Apr 7, 2006, at 10:03 PM, themacuser wrote:

> The Macs are very fast Windows PCs as well. Both operating systems
> on them beat anything in the PC world.

Make sure you savor every last drop of that apple flavored Kupertino
Kool-Aid.

I'd be happy to run some side by side 3D visualization projects on
Windows XP Pro running on a dual-core 2.6 Ghz Opteron vs your "faster
than anything in the PC world Mac".  I'll show you who holds the
undisputed speed crown in the PC world.

In fact, when AnandTech ran one-off video encoding benchmarks on the
Core Duo it couldn't even match the AMD Athlon64 clock for clock,
much less an Opteron.
--
Chris