[Ti] Will Apple drop its OS?

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sun Apr 9 10:02:53 PDT 2006

On Apr 7, 2006, at 1:57 PM, rob morris wrote:

> There are beta tests running now..I am unable to say more but some
> of you can guess I may be involved with that...and the target dates
> and progress as well as what Adobe has said publicly is no where
> close to what you are saying Chris.

For people considering moving to MacTel and expecting there's some
magical stuff happening at Adobe as the above quote insinuates......

Scott Byer, an engineer working on the Photoshop port posted some
information to his blog a few days ago:
http://blogs.adobe.com/scottbyer/2006/03/macintosh_and_t.html

<quote>
 From having projects with large numbers of files that open quickly,
to having compact debugging information, to having stable project
formats that are text-merge-able in a source control system.  These
are things XCode is playing catch-up on.  Now, Apple is doing an
amazing job at catching up rapidly, but the truth is we don't yet
have a shipping XCode in hand that handles a large application well.
</quote>

>  Sorry again.

Would you please quit apologizing?  I'm the one waiting for an
information update this time.  Please enlighten me.
--
Chris