[Ti] iBook G4 Question - Off topic?

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Fri Apr 21 15:57:25 PDT 2006

The only real limit is that the drive must be no more than 9.5 mm
tall; that seems to pretty much be the standard height for new drives
now, and the same limit applies to the PowerBooks too.  When I got my
first PowerBook (a 500 MHz Ti in 2001), large capacity laptop hard
drives were 12mm tall; at that time, the iBook couldn't accept all
the drives on the market.  So, as long as you're installing something
new, you're fine.