[Ti] G4 Grey Screen - replace motherboard or screen?

Ptah Hotep ptahotep at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 13 18:10:42 PST 2006

Hello Folks,

While you're getting info on m's video problem, please also consider
this.  I'm using a 550 mhz  G4 Ti book.  The computer boots fine but
the display shows only a ghost of an image - it kind of like it's
five stops underexposed.  Of course I have tried all brightness and
contrast controls available to me – I think.   Using an external
display - everything  is fine.  Anyone with suggestions please
write.  Thanks

Ptah