[Ti](OT) the powerlist

Jesse Brown jesse.brown at mac.com
Wed Feb 15 05:58:26 PST 2006

On 2/13/06 1:27 PM, "Lisbeth Zachs" <zachs at swedenmail.com> wrote:

> 13 feb 2006 kl. 18.40 skrev Loren:
>> What kind of server?
> ----------
> Is it of any use asking that question on _this_ list? Or are you
> contemplating offering the http://www.listmoms.net/lists/mac-l an
> alternative server solution and can't get in contact with them?

It's a 'nix server but that's immaterial. Their disk drive failed so it's
not even relevant to what kind of server.

Considering they were co located in a hosting facility one has to wonder why
they didn't have a RAID array with hot swappable drives. Too expensive I
imagine. Still it would have lessened the down time to short if at all.
Given Vince Sabio's anal retentiveness I would have thought there would have
been a hot backup mirrored server ready to take over.
--
Jesse

 "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be
semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming
partly a dog." - Edward Hoagland